Tuesday 9 February 2010

ANDROGYNE; THE MISCONCEPTION


An androgyne in terms of gender identity, is a person who does not fit cleanly into the typical masculine and feminine gender roles of their society. They may also use the term ambigender to describe themselves. Many androgynes identify as being mentally "between" woman and man, or as entirely genderless. This could be in fashion or in biology. Yes, I said it, BIOLOGY.

Most people think that being an androgyne means that you are either a HERMOPHRODITE or a HOMOSEXUAL or a BISEXUAL which is not true most of the time. Most androgynes in the world today hide their identities because of the fear of being judged or misinterpreted.

Before i got to the second paragrapgh above i made mention of BIOLOGY having a role in determining whether or not a person is going to be ANDROGYNOUS. Well there is something known as BRAIN SEX or in other words BRAIN GENDER. This is a situation which determines whether or not a child is going to be a TOMBOY or SISSY (androgynous characteristics). This is caused by the amount of hormone (TESTOSTERONE or ESTROGEN) secreted in the brain of the FOETUS.


In most babies, the "APPROPRIATE" hormone is secreted in the brain making a boy to have a MALE BRAIN and a girl, a FEMALE BRAIN but in other cases, the reverse is the case. People like these end up growing up as TOMBOYS or SISSIES.

The theory is also backed up by the length of our fingers. A girl with a female brain's INDEX FINGER is always longer than her RING finger and for boys with a male brain, the INDEX finger is shorter than the RING finger.

TOMBOYS fingers are like that of a typical boy and SISSIES fingers are also like that of a typical girl. This goes to show that most androgynes don't choose to be but are born that way.

Factors also influence people to become androgynes but it is very very very rare compared the ones born to be. Also most androgynes are forced by the factors around them that there is no place for them on this planet. Its more like there isn't any place in between, you are either a boy or a girl but most of the time nature doesn't really pan out the way we'd expect.

I was/am(whichever is correct) an androgyne. i also have the biological backing. My INDEX finger shorter than my Ring finger. I don't think a hundred percent like the normal female. I am a proud androgyne but MOST TIMES, I am being told that I am not a man. The thing that this people refuse to get is that I am not trying to be one. I was born with a male brain but people just don't get. Well, I didn't really did at first because I thought that external factors like growing up with guys made me who I am but until i started reading stuffs on BRAIN SEX and ANDROGYNY, I realised that I was actually born this way. So, PHYSICALLY, I am not a man but PSYCHOLOGICALLY- I guess from all indications it seems that I am.

Don't get it twisted too that I am some transsexual male trapped in a woman's body---HELL to the NO! I am so NOT! I am just a girl who is not a 100% female but I love my physical gender. To me i think I am lucky to be enjoying the best of both worlds. I love to buy and wear feminine clothes though I'm not too big on skirts and make-up but the rest I love even five-si inch heels. They are my favorite. Though some people would say I still look like I had put on some guy's outfit, its the fact that i can't help what i think. If my interpretation is like that of a dude thetn i guess is my MALE BRAIN coming into action. I also love to care about my hair. Its one thing I know that is a 100% feminine about me though I do have this male i-don't-give-a-shit attitude toward it but I know its just me being human. I am also HETEROSEXUAL. I am attracted to men only. I daydream of them only.

Most people try to make me feel inferior. Like I'm wrong for being who I am. As if I created myself..mmmm... IGNORANCE on display(of course they never admit it). Does being an androgyne make me less of a woman? ABSOLUTELY NOT and neither doe it make me much of a man but it does make me understand both sexes and this is what i term as PRICELESS.

SO WHAT, if you are an androgyne? If you are out there and people are try to fit you into a box like they do me especially if you are HETEROSEXUAL and not a HERMOPHRODITE then dearies, IGNORE them because they IGNORED KNOWLEDGE and live your lives the best way you can. If they don't like it then the can go HANG themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment